Friday, November 18, 2016

Finding out what Kennett Square has on tap.

It was another long day of administration, but I also went to The Flash. After two sober days, I went into town with Dave, and sampled what Kennett Square has on tap. Mostly it has a few bars and a music venue in a building where they used to sell toys.

When I was little, it was a department store, and I bought giant lighters for fifty cents. Now there was a cover band, but at least the guy was good at guitar. It turns out Dave knows the guy who books the acts, so thank garsh we did not have to pay.

The Kennett Brewing Company is also a place. I hadn't been there yet, but it came recommended, however I left nonplussed. It has beer and tables and loud loafy locals, and a band that I'd rather leave than take.

We stopped by Gran Sasso for clamato beer and chips. There really isn't much to do in this town. I dug a little deeper, but came up empty, though I was glad for a little more sneaking around.

Kennett Square might be great if you have lots of dedication, but from the periphery it's quaint and a little expensive. Mostly people here have jobs. I have a a job too, but it doesn't define me, and I think I don't really belong.

No comments: