Friday, November 4, 2016

Buyer's remorse and a rod-brake Raleigh.

I went to happy hour before bidding on some bikes. I'm in Philadelphia for three days to spy on bicycles and try to stay warm. I parked a block from Frankford, where the neighborhood is fancy, and rode to the auction against some wind.

A well known shop is auctioning off items, and I got a two bicycles for the minimum bid. I got a frame and some saddles, and it didn't make much sense. The atmosphere was depressing; the room felt dirty and slow. The lighting looked like the 1980's but I didn't know where else to go. 

I regretted my purchases and left early. I forfeited a good parking spot to return with my van. 

The saving grace was a rod-brake Raleigh. I don't need it, but I like it, and couldn't leave it alone. 

I parked again in a worse spot, drank white wine, and texted with a girl who I met on the trail.


No comments: