Thursday, December 29, 2016

South of the Border to Port St. Lucie, FL

I woke up at South of the Border. The night was cold, but with daytime came temperatures of up to sixty degrees. I switched to shorts for the foreseeable future. I used a horrendous restroom, and moved on.

The sky was gray, and light rains became heavy throughout the day. Traffic was a factor, but I have an abundance of time. I ate food that I brought with me, and ignored the attempts of billboards to swipe a dollar here and there.

I arrived at a Wal-Mart outside of Port St. Lucie, Florida. I did a loop of the parking lot, and came to a rest near the other dirtbag vans. Rolling equipment ranged from homemade to frankly fucking expensive. Us liveaboard folks run the gamut from too many dollars to almost none. I am in the happy medium. My income is far outpacing my spending. My goal for 2017 is to expand that gap as far as it will go. I am putting money away for more sunny days.

I entered the Wal-Mart for minor supplies. I got some crispy tostadas and cheese. I had a little cookout in the van, and listened to This American Life.

No comments: