Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Final preparations and salutations.

The inline fuse holder arrived in mid-afternoon. I had the solar setup wired and running by the time of the sun's final light. I'm ready.

I spent the morning loading up. I tried to erase the evidence of my presence at my folks' place to at least a reasonable degree. I packed up my clothing and some business equipment. I brought the components for a simple kitchen. I loaded up more than I thought I would, but I still have room to spare. Everything I need is there. Clothing for any temperature. Electronics for any need.

I am ready.

After the sun went down, it was nearly time to visit Kat for the last time this season. We were invited to dinner in Oxford with a couple who she is friends with. An excellent couple. The girl was her college roommate, and her dude teaches wilderness survival. They live in Utah. The live in a fucking yurt. He wears some beat down flipflops regardless of situation. I imagine that more often his feet wear nothing at all.

I drank. Kat drove. I had an excellent time, but by the time we left I was smashed. We stayed up a little bit later. Driving was out of the question. I laid down on the couch and crashed.

No comments: