Sunday, September 4, 2011

Small-World moments.

I rode out to West Philly to buy a $10 bicycle stem from a guy on Craigslist. He's on the 49th and Cedar block. I rented a basement on that block when I started my original used bicycle business. I couldn't remember the exact address, but I went to the house which I thought was correct.

A girl who I recognized walked out, and I asked "does Adam live here?"

I tried to scan my memory for why this girl looked familiar. I was in bicycle mode, and I was thinking bicycle people.

"You... uh... gave me a ride out to Iowa a few years ago," she reminded me.

"Holy shit! Savannah! Dude, how are you doing?"

So I rode all the way across Philly with the wrong address in my head - but the address happened to be hers. What a trip. We talked for a few minutes before I went and got the stem.

No comments: