Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Free standup comedy. A new tradition.

Comedy night in Newark! A new tradition.

I was buying bicycles earlier, and running late for happy hour. I had two minutes to get drunk at the good price, so I texted ahead to Shawn for the sake of safety. I stomped into Homegrown on Main Street in Newark Delaware. Long confident strides took me to the bartender. Two margaritas, please. I held up two fingers to underline my request.

I wasn't sure if Shawn got my message, but when I sat down next to him it appeared that he had. Still another margarita was waiting patiently. Too many margaritas. A distinctly first-world sort of problem to have.

This week we got to the comedy show in time for some of the free coffee. This week the comedian was actually funny.

No comments: