Thursday, February 9, 2017

I eat this all the time.

Red lentils and red quinoa. That’s today’s combo. I ignore recommended cooking times. I ignore recommended water amounts. I sprinkle quinoa and lentils in the bottom of a plastic mug. I aim for an approximate finger's width, then I transfer it to my little pot. I add an amount of water that looks like roughly twice as much. Then I pour in some oil. I boil then simmer until there isn't much steam. I add another splash of oil when it's done. I add seasoned salt, because it's the only spice I have.

I eat quinoa and lentils on a small tortilla. I smear it on with a spoon. I add hot sauce to nearly everything I eat. I enjoy the ritual; I enjoy the food. I am powerful. I don’t know much about cooking, but I live to tell this tale.

No comments: