Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Condiment Packets and Relationship Photos

This is a good example of the emails that I typically sort through with my first coffee:

I also found the photo below from last January. Strange how that feels like so long ago. I was living in Philly in the cheapest and most secluded room I've ever rented. I'd been sober for about two and a half months at the time. If it wasn't for the girl in the picture, I never would have made it a month. Kristin started living with me long before most would consider it wise. She had a crappy expensive apartment, and I told her repeatedly that she should just move into my crappy inexpensive room which was closer to her work... and me. I was still getting used to my new front teeth. She is waiting to see if her investment will pay off...

... It won't. Not in the ways that she could imagine at the time.

No comments: