Sunday, December 23, 2007

Awesome Sunday

I'm riding toward Front St, and I already have $100 in my pocket. I "paid the rent" within about one hour of riding. We call making $100 'paying the rent,' and on a slow night we'll ask each other "did you make the rent?" Or we'll say "I made the rent in an hour!" This quick cash flow is a good indication that I'll be having a lucrative evening of pedal-work. When you get money fast, you are in a good mood, and when you are in a good mood you have confidence, and when you have confidence people seem to sense it and they are ready to get in your pedicab and give you big tips. Conversely, if you make $0 for 5 hours, people can sense that you want to shoot yourself, and they stay out of your pedicab to avoid issues of mess and crossfire.
[ed note: $270 night = rent + past 2 days rent + $100]

No comments: