Sunday, June 8, 2008

3 speed / internetting

I've been really not doing anything. That includes lots more internetting. Right at 7:21, I searched for "Bee Thousand" which is a Guided by Voices album that I don't have. It was referenced in an article at Phawker, which was linked to from Meg's blog. Glad she linked to that. Now I'm keeping an eye on it.

I finished that bicycle that I was going on and on about on May 21. It took just shy of two hours to build this thing up from the frame. I consider that to be pretty good when you factor in replacing cottered bottom bracket spindles, and pulling all kinds of random parts out of the woodwork. If it's really enjoyable to ride and I feel like upgrading anything - the cranks are outta there first. Then the brakes. But I won't get to that any time soon if ever. This is the flashiest and most mechanically wacky bicycle I have ever made. I'm really happy that everything worked and I didn't hit any dead ends.

Here's a picture of that bicycle. I don't know why it's blurry, but maybe dusk has something to do with it. It still beats a thousand more boring ass words.

No comments: