Thursday, August 25, 2011

Walking up Market Street. Daydreaming about backpacking.

7:21pm
I'm walking briskly up Market Street to where Tara works. I have Old Crow in my backpack, and I'm daydreaming. I'm thinking about my naturally fast preferred walking pace, and how it would transfer well to a hike along the Appalachian Trail. I've been giving the trail a lot of thought. By that, I mean that I've been daydreaming about backpacking, but realizing that I have no hands-on experience with the activity. I walk briskly and think about this. All other persons on the sidewalk are a slow and sloppy encumbrance.

1 comment:

kari said...

backpacking. it's just walking up and down mountains with some weight on your back. at-ers try to over complicate the sport and turn it into an elitist private club. there is the "20 lb pack" club, which prides themselves (and judges everyone else) on carrying low weight. they cut the handles off their forks and drill holes through their spoons, don't use toilet paper and eat bark. honestly, douchebaggery abounds on the at. there are also lots of awesome people, but the ratio is poor. and the terrain sucks. i'm looking to do the pct next.