Friday, October 5, 2007

October 5th, 2007

I'm sitting on a stool at the counter in the kitchen at my parents' house, where I've been staying for the past three months. Jeopardy is on, and the last question was Renoir. Then my watch beeped. My sister, Cathy, and her husband, Karl, are both over. We're going to have salmon for dinner. I thought that today would be the day that Karl would help me install a door in Truck House. But it's not - hopefully that day is very soon. I'm wearing a black Under Armour shirt that Shelly bought for me for a dollar while she was in Denver. She broke up with me a few days after she gave it to me. I like wearing it because I think it makes me look hot. At this point, I've just finished my second beer. The first was a Saranac IPA, and the second was a Yuengling that I got for free from a 1-800-GOT-JUNK client who might have rebottled something other than Yunengling into the bottles, but I can't be certain. Set up on the deck outside is a telescope that I rescued from work to give to Cathy. I think she was genuinely happy to get it, and we might try to look at something after dinner.

No comments: