Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's beautiful outside

I'm standing toward the back of Truck House with my left hand wrapped in the seatbelt-material webbing loop that is used to pull down the door. My right hand is holding a cell phone. The door is open and I'm hanging outside looking up through the leaves on the tree that has a branch that wants to grow inside the truck. "It's beautiful outside" beep-beep beep-beep. I said it the instant before my watch beeped. It was an observation that has nothing to do with my stunted conversation with Shelly that is just coming to an end. I have some tears on my face, but I'm done crying. I'm happy when my watch beeps because I like getting caught when I least expect it, at a moment that I'm feeling specifically satisfied to just be alive.

No comments: