Friday, December 16, 2016

Waking up cold, and checking in.

I woke up cold and insane. No headache; still drunk. Water jug frozen. Cold feet through thick socks and two layers of sleeping bag.

Back to sleep.

I woke up again an hour and a half later. I laid on my back and watched the clouds of my breath. Finally, I emerged from the bags. I cranked on the engine and tried to confer with my mind. I tried to recognize anything that looked like an idea or a plan. I hadn't had dinner, and I was hungry as fuck. I felt like a cold piece of garbage.

I navigated my boat to I-95, and plowed toward the suburbs, stopping for a hot hoagie and huge coffee along the way.

It was an easy day of arctic reading. Then I met Kat for wings at Victory. We went back to her place and sat around some more. Being that it's Friday, she didn't have work, so we stayed up a little bit later. I'm thankful as hell to have a friend in Kennett Square, and I'm glad we've been getting together more often. We'll always be close whether I'm around or not, but it's been nice to regularly check in.


No comments: