Friday, November 30, 2012

Walking in preparation.

It's 7:21pm. I'm walking home from work, and I walked here earlier. It's about a 7-mile round trip, and I make it with quick springy steps. I do this sometimes. It's a new thing.

I've been walking to work to beat up my feet a little bit. I'm planning to hike along the Appalachian Trail for a month starting in March, and I don't want to show up to a hike with bicycle feet.

The walk today is great. My feet will be tired when I get home, but better to feel that now rather than on the trail. I could take the walk again tomorrow. Three weeks ago, my dogs were screaming by the time I turned the corner to West Philly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

being a van dweller I thought I live a minimilist life, check this guy out http://news.yahoo.com/man-calls-14-foot-canoe-boston-harbor-home-185658499.html

miked said...

Very cool idea to hike on the AT. Last summer I did the JMT and will be doing a 750 mile section of the PCT this April-May.