Thursday, February 22, 2018

I am floating in a directionless manner.

I am overwhelmed with options. My mind lacks focus where it is needed, and squanders focus on minutiae. I am floating in a directionless manner. 

I could find a house share in Ashland Oregon. I could rent a room, buy a Juki TL-2010q sewing machine, and fall deep into making absurd quilts. There is a co-op in Ashland, and everybody is friendly there. Bicycles and pedestrians rule the town. You can ride into the mountains on fire roads right from the center of town. 

I could buy five acres of land in the desert. I could park a derelict RV in the center, and begin the process of creating a new intentional community. I would find like-minded folks to park vehicles and share resources and expenses. There would be a succulent garden.

I can move back to Kennett Square Pennsylvania. I have a tiny house there. I already built it, and it is sitting there empty and alone. I can rearrange the interior, knock out the wall that separates the area that was going to be a bathroom but was never completed. I can cover the unfinished section of floor with a carpet remnant. I can buy a Juki TL-2010q sewing machine, and turn the tiny house into a sewing studio with a sleeping loft above. I already have a Singer 201-2, and a Singer 221 Featherweight, so the studio would be cute and capable. 

I am headed east, and leaning toward the third option. I built a tiny house. I can show it some love. I can repair my ailing online bookstore and save money for future inspiration. I can save money, and focus on improving my sewing skills. That is what I am doing. I am going home, as I have always done, and taking some time to think and consider.

No comments: