Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wasting a day in Pueblo Colorado

I got a new tire. I wore one out pretty good getting from Philly through Kansas. I swapped the good tire to the back, and now I have fresh rubber on the front too. I'm happy.

I spent all day screwing around in Pueblo. I was told that for lunch I needed to get a "green chili slopper," and that it would be a good idea to get a "schooner" of beer as well at a certain place. The slopper is a Pueblo special. It's basically a cheeseburger completely covered in a green chili sauce. I mean literally covered - it was served in a big bowl. It was great.

I'm couchsurfing for two nights. When I arrived, we barely spoke. I took a shower, and we watched two movies before speaking much more than a sentence. They're younger guys, about 21, and the guy who facilitated the couchsurfing request-acceptance is applying to medical school. He is working in the ER now, and he likes it. He's excited about the career path, and he's a smart dude.

I drank about 75 beers throughout the day, and I'm basically a bicycle bum with some really decent gear.

No comments: